Within the framework of the commemoration of the 70th anniversary of the Industrial University of Santander, the Faculty of Sciences will hold the International Science Week from September 17 to 21 of this year.
The objective of the Week is to generate spaces for meeting, dissemination, participation and interaction with the scientific community, the productive sector, civil society and government entities of the department of Santander, in order to strengthen and demonstrate processes of generation and transfer of knowledge through dialogue and the exchange of scientific and educational experiences; as well as establishing networks of academic cooperation.
During the Week, the Faculty of Sciences of the Industrial University of Santander will hold 5 Symposiums with international and national guests in the following areas of knowledge: Teaching and Social Projection of Sciences, Adaptation to Climate Change and Water Security, Nanotechnology and New Materials, Agro-industry and Food Security, and Bioinformatics and Scientific Computing.
Simultaneously, the following activities will be carried out:
- Festival of Science: will feature exhibitions of mathematical art, presentation of poster and oral work of students of the Faculty of Sciences and Research Groups of the Schools of Biology, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
- The Science Tour: where students from the tenth and eleventh of the schools of the Santander metropolitan area will visit the Planetarium, Observatory, Natural History Museum, Herbarium, Research Group Laboratories of the Faculty of Sciences, Recreational Mathematics.
- The First Scientific Challenge: university students will develop the possible solutions for a scientific problem.
- Poster Competition: the latest research that has been done in the research groups of the Faculty of Sciences will be presented.
- Guatigurá Technology Park Guided Tours *: students, businessmen, civil authorities and the general community will visit the building of high technology laboratories located in the P.T.G. 6. Forum Company: representatives of industrial and commercial companies may present their needs so that UIS researchers can offer alternative solutions from the scientific side.